In 2013 Quality is Our Goal
GCSA’s mission keeps us focused on supporting quality in charter schools across Georgia, and 2013 will be no exception! We want to share with you three broad areas of quality initiatives that we hope will advance student achievement and school quality in the coming year.
1. Preparing new founding boards to plan, implement and sustain high quality charter schools:
Atlanta, January 12, 2013, 10:30am – 1:30pm
Atlanta, February 7, 2013, 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Columbus, February 23, 2013, 10:30am – 1:30pm
Savannah, March 2, 2013, 10:30am – 1:30pm
Valdosta, April 13, 2013, 10:30am – 1:30pm
-Macon, May 18, 2013, 10:30am – 1:30pm
- CharterStart - comprehensive training program offering technical and hands-on assistance to those interested in starting high quality charter schools in Georgia.
- CharterLaunch – for approved charter schools, offers support for the year between approval, opening and the year one operations
- CharterRenewal- support to schools up to 18 months prior to renewal and throughout the renewal process.
3. Supporting Charter School Teachers & Leaders
- CharterLeader NON degree program – training program to support leaders and aspiring teachers – 5 scholarships available
- CharterTeacher GaTAPP - alternative route to teacher preparation and certification program for teachers currently employed in the charter school sector
- Pre-GaTAPP – teaching and learning preparation program for those new to teaching and to the charter sector
- Gifted, ESOL, and SPED - comprehensive, PSC-approved Gifted, ESOL and SPEDendorsement programs offered through a partnership with GCSA, CaseNEX, and North Georgia College and State University
- GCSA Annual Conference – 2013 dates and location TBD
- School Leaders & Business Managers Meetings – periodic meetings of school leaders to share best practices and common challenges
- G-CEN – Georgia Charter Educator Network newsletter for teachers in the public charter sector
- GCSA Job Fair – matching Georgia charter schools with top candidates for teaching and other staff positions
Building efficient school-based data analysis teams
- Customized data analysis & reporting, and “skills and drills” coaching / training using 4 tools:
- GCSA’s Performance Management Data System (an online archive of critical school-level data for all Georgia charter schools)
- Georgia’s Longitudinal Data System (a school’s online electronic permanent record for each of their students
- Microsoft Excel (an effective, efficient data analysis tool)
- Tableau (a FREE online data visualization tool)
We appreciate each school’s commitment to improvement and excellence not only for their school, but for the whole charter sector, and we look forward to partnering with you to support your needs.