CharterStart is GCSA’s comprehensive and targeted training program that offers technical and hands-on assistance to those interested in starting high quality charter schools in Georgia. CharterStart supports potential charter school operators, as they move through the petitioning process (specific to the laws and rules of Georgia). Each CharterStart cohort consists of up to eight (8) founding groups.
The following pre-requisite steps are required to participate in CharterStart:
- Establish a high-capacity founding group of 7-11 people
- Determine the community you will serve
- Develop a mission, vision and executive summary that clearly articulates your mission and the need for the school you are proposing
- Meet with Elisa Falco, Director of Training & Education, to determine program readiness
- Execute a CharterStart contract
Kick Off Meeting – Mission, Vision & Community Support
September 26, 2013, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Face-to-Face Sessions (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
October 17, 2013; November 7, 2013
Fall Webinar Series (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
October 24, November 14, November 21, December 5, December 12, December 19, January 9, 2014.
- See more at: http://www.gacharters.org/event/charterstart-webinar-parent-community-involvement-facilities/#sthash.0ogDQFim.dpuf