Job Title: IBPYP Elementary School Teacher (5th grade)
Job Summary: The 5th Grade Teacher will be responsible for providing dynamic classroom instruction to students through a rigorous and holistic educational model.
Position Begins: The week of January 6, 2014
1. Teaches content and skills in all subject areas utilizing curriculum designated by ICS through the Common Core Standards and Georgia Performance Standards along with the effective implementation of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IBPYP).
2. Develops weekly lesson plans and curriculum maps in conjunction with their grade level colleagues
3. Evaluates academic and social growth of students (pre-post tests), analyzes data, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records (to include attendance reports, checklists, and other record keeping activities) as necessary.
4. Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the Common Core and Georgia Performance standards.
5. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive, and safe classroom environment.
6. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members to address issues such as counseling concerns, SST process, School Within A School (SWS)
7. Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
8. Participates in staff meetings, joins a staff committee, and supports student activities (i.e. IB Exhibition, Drama, and Photography Club).
9. Administers mandated tests in accordance with the testing department of ICS and the Dekalb County School District
10. Teaches through a student centered, inquiry-based creative approach.
11. Proven track record of student success on formative, summative and standardized tests as well as impacting student social and emotional well-being.
12. Develops a multicultural learning community that emphasizes respect for diversity.
13. Engages with the community and works with translators and social service providers to help ensure a continuum of support between the home and school.
Minimum Qualifications: Must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with Early Childhood Education Certification (P-5) from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. Preferable to also have experience with the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IBPYP) and/or inquiry based learning.
Submission Details: Please submit a cover letter that speaks to a proven student achievement track record, the teaching of inquiry based learning and philosophy on global education/diversity along with a current resume. Please submit these documents via email to Alisa Interim Principal(email@example.com) and Olivia McDonald Murray, IBPYP Coordinator/Administrator