GEORGIA CYBER ACADEMY – Transition Program Coordinator, Atlanta
You know that your kids have something special inside them. The Georgia Cyber Academy and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and possibility alive. Together, we are helping Georgia students in grades K-11 reach their true, personal potential.
The Georgia Cyber Academy (GCA) is a rapidly-growing school that offers our teachers and staff members the excitement of exploring an emerging concept in education. Daily, our talented teachers and staff experience the impact they make on the lives of children. Join us, and be inspired by the potential of our students.
JOB SUMMARY: The Transition Program Coordinator assists staff in provision of special education and transition services to students with disabilities, implements all school policies and rules, completion of school, state and federal reports, communicates with parents, staff, outside agencies and administration. Coordinate Services for Students with disabilities with all levels of Transition Planning.
Early intervention into kindergarten
Grade 6 into middle school
Middle school into high school
High school into work force or training/ schooling programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
• Serve as consultant and in-service leader to GCA teachers in area of coordination of transition activities.
• Arrange for or conduct needed in-service training.
• Review current research in curricular area.
• Disseminate information and seek feedback to GCA Special Education teachers.
• Assist in the Special Education Orientation In-Service.
• Provide follow-up activities as requested by administrators.
• Act as a resource to the special education teachers.
• Assist the Coordinators of Special Education in the development of special education procedures.
• Attend meetings to keep current, as well as review and interpret special education laws.
• Coordinate transition services for special education students.
• Communicate with administration and teachers regarding transition/vocational programs impacting special education students.
• Respond to parents’ questions concerning transition/vocational programs and issues.
•Communicate with outside agencies regarding special education students in transition/vocational programs.
• Serve as liaison to vocational/transition agencies for the district.
• Disseminate information to teachers of special education students.
• Attend agency meetings as school representative.
Apply Online https://re21.ultipro.com/KIN1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*7BBC1691CF94D0CF
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace