About Wesley International Academy:
Wesley International Academy (WIA) is an independent public charter school of choice serving children and families throughout the metropolitan area of Atlanta, Georgia. Although our enrollment is open to both male and female students, each receives instruction in a single-gender learning environment.
At WIA, our students are treated as unique individuals and encouraged to reach their fullest intellectual potential. WIA students participate in a curriculum that follows the guidelines established by the International Baccalaureate Organization’s (IBO) academic program of study which are intended to ensure success in a globally connected world. We offer a rigorous academic program combined with a demanding foreign language requirement for every student within a single-gender environment. Furthermore, our parents/guardians, students, and educators work together to create a positive, warm, and loving environment where children can develop themselves and reach their maximum potential.
WIA Employee Requirements: (for all positions)
• Alignment and unqualified belief in the WIA mission which includes knowledge of and commitment to the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate programmes
• Belief that all children can achieve academic excellence
• Be nice!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The MYP IB Coordinator supports the full implementation of the IB program for middle grade (6-8) students and teachers. The primary work of the professional serving in this role is to ensure high-level IB instructional delivery while working under the direct supervision of the MYP Academy Director. Daily work involves observing teachers – providing them with regular support, training, and feedback. In conjunction with the MYP Academy Director, the MYP IB Coordinator supports the development of student assessment tools and IB-specific instructional best practice evaluation designs. The IB Coordinator also assumes responsibility for fostering a culture of “internationalism” within the MYP – supporting instructional staff members with special projects and all other efforts necessary to ensure a global minded school community.
For more about the MYP IB Coordinator’s Role: https://www.ibo.org/ibap/conference/documents/AsishTrevediandPatrickRitter-RoleoftheMYPCoordinator.pdf
• Provide and facilitate staff development activities to implement, develop, and enhance the IB program
• Assist staff with preparing IB curriculum materials
• Serve as liaison to the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) office
• Attend regional and national IB conferences
• Facilitate IBO visitations
• Serve as a resource for the Department Chairs
• Communicate regularly with District and Site administration; coordinate presentations made to the Board of Directors as necessary
• Assist in the hiring, training and scheduling of new teachers with regards to IB
• Prepare a calendar for internal school use of academic and examination deadlines, especially Extended essays
• Maintain timely and appropriate records
• Coordinate in-house IB teachers’ training workshops
• Make recommendations to the Academy Director regarding staffing, scheduling, and other program items which affect the IB program will include responsibilities beyond normal school hours
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Appropriate teaching credential; skill in instructional planning and consultation/ coordination, as well as general teaching competencies; working knowledge and skill with educational evaluation strategies and detailed working knowledge of various exceptionalities.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year, accredited college or university
• Experience and intimate familiarity with the IB Learner Profiles and Attributes
• Experience with coaching teachers
• 3 to 5 years of teaching experience in an approved or candidate IB school
• Prior Administrative and/or leadership experience at a fully authorized IB School
• State of Georgia leadership certification or comparable credential from another state
• Master’s degree or higher
Submit your credentials to: http://www.wesleyacademy.org/about-us/careers/
For more about Wesley International Academy, please visit: www.wesleyacademy.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the listed position.