NOTE: To apply for this position, interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter summarizing interest, skills, and qualifications; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; and (4) a philosophy of education statement to Tonna Harris-Bosselmann, Hiring Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all four requirements will be considered incomplete.
Tapestry Public Charter School will open in August 2014 for grades 6 -8 and add one grade in each subsequent year, serving grades 6 – 12 by 2018.
The mission of Tapestry is to offer an inclusive, individualized learning environment that is academically engaging, both for neurotypical students and those on the autism spectrum, and to create a positive school culture that empowers all students to take possession of their innate talents and become creative builders of their own future.
Utilizing small, multi-age classrooms with flexible groupings and authentic hands-on learning experiences, Tapestry will provide a student-driven, experiential, sensory-based learning environment.
All students will be respected, loved, and valued as the most important members of the school community. More about Tapestry may be found at tapestrycharter.org.
Tapestry seeks innovative, passionate, and energetic general education and special education teachers to join our team. Employment at Tapestry offers a unique opportunity for mission-fit educators to help build our school from the ground up. Tapestry Public Charter School has openings for the 2014-15 school year for the following position:
8th Grade Math/Science Teacher
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; completion of a teacher preparation program and/or degree in education or related field and/or Georgia teacher certification in middle and/or high school grades preferred
• Positive, inclusive, and welcoming attitude
• Enthusiastic, creative, flexible approach to teaching
• Ability to differentiate methodology to accommodate learning differences
• Sound classroom management skills
• Team player: ability to collaborate well with other members of the school community
• Understanding of the Common Core math standards and effective implementation of the standards in the classroom
• Ability to integrate math and science standards in a
• Effective use of technology in teaching and learning
• Excellent written, oral communication, and listening skills
• Experience working with diverse populations of students, including those on the autism spectrum
• Experience with the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS)
• Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning, Constructivism in teaching and learning, Response to Intervention (RTI), and the Coalition of Essential Schools Common Principles
• Relevant experience working in a charter school
• Experience working with middle and/or high school-aged students
• Knowledge of project-based, experiential learning
• Gifted endorsed
• Support the mission of Tapestry Public Charter School
• Co-teach interdisciplinary blocks Math and Science
• Teach other courses as needed, such as related arts, PE, or foreign language
• Teach other grades as needed
• Establish a strong working partnership with special education teachers to develop an exceptional co-teaching learning environment for students
• Maintain excellent lines of communication with families
• Consistently implement the school’s educational program, utilizing Universal Design for Learning and Constructivist learning theory in co-taught classes
• Work collaboratively to develop interdisciplinary course content driven by student interest and aligned with the CCGPS
• Model behavior and practices that reflect the Coalition of Essential Schools common principles
• Engage in continuous professional development and shared learning with other professional staff
• Lead an advisory cohort of students
• Regularly attend faculty meetings, work flexible hours, and perform other duties as necessary (willingness to “wear many hats”)
• Work collaboratively with the entire Tapestry stakeholder community to advance the goals of the school
Compensation: Salary based on Tapestry’s teacher pay scale; full benefits package.
To apply for any of these positions, interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter summarizing interest, skills, and qualifications; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; and (4) a philosophy of education statement to Tonna Harris-Bosselmann, Hiring Committee Chair, at email@example.com. Applications without all four requirements will be considered incomplete
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
• Tapestry Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.
• Before hire, applicants must satisfy a background investigation including a criminal background check.