Provost Academy Georgia – Atlanta Learning Center – P/T Paraprofessional
The Paraprofessional, as a member of the instructional team, works under the supervision of the Instructors, and reports to the Director of Assessment and Student Services. This person works in the Learning Center, assisting the Instructors in implementing instruction and related services. Such assistance may include: collecting data, providing instructional assistance, guiding additional practice opportunities, re-teaching, and monitoring behavior.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Part-Time (30-35 hours a week)
- Meet Paraprofessional requirements as established by state and local mandates;
- Implement school and district policies and procedures;
- Establish and maintain solid working relations with colleagues;
- Participate in planning sessions with the learning team at the center;
- Provide support and assistance to students;
- Demonstrate creativity, flexibility, and perseverance in dealing with challenging learning, behavioral, family, and classroom situations;
- As directed by the Instructors, provide strategic instruction within the classroom for students who are in need of support learning core curriculum;
- Provide support and supervision of students as assigned (during transitions, in special classes, during lunch, etc.);
- Assist in the administration and scoring of assessments used to monitor individual progress;
- Manage student attendance (sign in and out sheets)
- Provide orientation to new students at the Learning Center
- Collect data on student requests for academic assistance and provide weekly reports to the Instructors
- Assist with paperwork and clerical duties as needed.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively under the direction of others;
- Demonstrates a willingness to assume all responsibilities assigned which are appropriate for the position.
- Demonstrates initiative, always keeping in mind the best interest of the students and the program.
- Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions which generally benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively with others to accomplish school objectives; promotes collaboration and partnerships.
- Gives credit and recognition to others who have contributed towards team or group goals; respects different opinions, seeking them out to challenge thinking and enhance collaborative efforts
- Works collaboratively to creatively problem solve with staff to meet students’ unique needs in a technology- based instructional learning environment
- Meets NCLB requirements: Has obtained a HS diploma or GED and:
- Completed two years of full-time study at an institution of higher education (48 semester hours in some states and 60 in others); or
- Obtained an Associate’s degree; or
Meets rigorous standards of quality and demonstrates through a formal assessment the knowledge of, and the ability to assist in, reading, writing or mathematics.
Meets appropriate age, diploma and certification requirements as defined by the state;
Experience working with at-risk students, preferred
Spanish Speaking Skills, preferred
For more information and for consideration please apply online at http://edisonlearning.com/content/current-openings?gnk=apply&gni=8ad8dbd13c1d7e28013c21205e546243&gns=Georgia%20Charter%20Schools%20Association%20(GCSA)
Position posted until filled.