International Community School – Development Director (full time)
International Community School (ICS) is seeking an experienced Development Director to lead this DeKalb County public charter school’s development program. Looking for a self-starter, team-oriented individual with a successfulnon-profit fundraising track record to join our team.
To develop, implement and provide management oversight for ICS’s robust fund development program. Responsible for ICS’s annual fundraising goals as identified in the Annual Fund Development Plan.
- Lead all development efforts for ICS, responsible for all fundraising and administration of the Annual Fundraising Development Plan:
- Develop Annual Fundraising Campaign; assist Principal and Board Finance Committee with development of fundraising goals; plan and execute donor acquisition strategies
- Identify and cultivate relationships with individuals, community stakeholders, foundations, and additional funding resource partners
- Expand and build the individual donor base and provide management plan and execution for a major donor portfolio
- Provide communications management on all relevant development/fundraising related communication materials
- Management and oversight of ICS events working with event consultant, as required. Events may include fundraising, awareness/ friend raising cultivation and ICS community building opportunities
- Management and oversight of ICS’s grant program, working with staff and contractors as required
- Execute grant proposals and manage grant-writing process; Manage all grant/proposal expectations
- Participate and serve as staff representative for the Board of Trustees Development Committee
- Management and supervision of the development budget
- Prepare and maintain development program reports for Principal and Board meetings
- Assist with management and cultivation of community relations
- Additional related duties as determined by Principal
B.A. or B.S (in related field) is preferred. Experience in non-profit fund development management and leadership required.
- Minimum 5 years non-profit development experience required
- Experience in and commitment to working cross-culturally in a diverse community
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, and nonprofit finance
- Experience in donor acquisition
- Experience in relationship-based fundraising
- Experience in researching, soliciting, and closing major gifts
- Experience working with private foundations and government funding agencies
- Experience working independently and as member of a team
- Experience in working with greater Atlanta funding community
- Fluency in English
- Creation/maintenance of relationships in culturally-diverse communities
- Utilization of social media outlets as development communication tool
- Strong communication experience, including written, public speaking, and presentation
- Organization and time management, including strong attention to detail
- Strong people skills, with the ability to comfortably integrate with diverse communities of supporter
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook/Google, DonorPerfect, Salesforce, or other CRM and related or similar office software
The ICS focus is on educating the whole child, seeking to develop the innate curiosity of our students while celebrating cultural differences in a challenging, nurturing and intentionally multi-ethnic environment. For more information visit: www.icsgeorgia.org
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.