Drew Charter School – High School Spanish Instructor (APS)
1) Responsibilities required for teaching classes
- Spanish Instructor for Level I through Advanced Placement Spanish classes
- 2 or 3 preps
- a minimum of 100 students
- co-curricular responsibilities; for example, coaching, assisting on an athletic team, sponsoring a club, after-school art program, etc.
2) Responsibilities required of all faculty to be worked out with principal
- advising (15 – 20 students), except for first-year teachers
- attendance at assemblies and faculty, department and professional learning community meetings
- chaperoning student activities or social events on occasion
- supervisory tasks, such as study hall or extra-curricular clubs, on an as needed basis
- meeting individually with students needing extra help
- meeting with advisors and/or parents of students as needed
- grades, writing comments, interim progress reports, advisor letters, college recommendations, and transfer recommendations
3) Responsibilities which faculty are expected to volunteer for on occasion or at the request of the Principal.
- committee work
- special projects
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution.
- Two to five years of teaching experience is preferred. Master’s degree or beyond is desirable.
- Accreditation in the State of Georgia is highly recommended.
- We are seeking candidates who are passionate about their desire to teach, advise, coach, and learn from high school students.
The position is effective July 2014.
Compensation is competitive and based on education and number of years of experience.
Drew Charter School is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit an application online and an up-to-date resume, with current references listed on the application, or email a resume and cover letter to Felicia.Johnson@drewcharterschool.org.