|Title||Middle School Technology Adjunct Teacher, 2014-2015 School Year|
Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 45,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school, authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission. Our mission is to maximize academic achievement for students in grades K–12 throughout the state of Georgia who need an alternative to the traditional classroom. Georgia Connections Academy fulfills the intent of the Georgia legislature in the Charter School Law to “increase student achievement through academic and organizational innovation” by reaching students for whom a cutting-edge virtual approach provides the best pathway to school success. Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education, which is accredited by AdvancED.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working out of their home in Georgia, the Adjunct Teacher will “virtually” manage subject-specific instructional programs. Compensation will be based on the specific course workload and number of enrolled students. He/she will be responsible for monitoring progress, evaluating work, running online instructional/tutorial sessions, providing academic guidance, and being the subject-matter expert for a caseload of middle/high school students. The Teacher must be able to complete work related responsibilities through a combination of regular office hours during the school day in conjunctions with hours scheduled outside the normal school day. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools, they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The Adjunct Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
· Communicate with parents/learning coaches, students and other teachers via the phone, WebMail, asynchronous discussions and synchronous “conferencing”;
· Instruct students, monitor student work, provide feedback, and suggest instructional approaches and strategies;
· Monitor completion of assignments in the given subject area;
· Score assessments and projects in the given subject area;
· Communicate with Advisory teachers and school counselors; report student issues and coordinate communication schedules;
· Conduct online tutorial and instructional sessions for students (utilizing online conferencing software);
· Develop a very detailed knowledge of the curriculum for which responsible (subject expert);
· Provide struggling students (and parents) with alternate strategies and additional assistance;
· Complete all required training sessions throughout the year; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Highly qualified and certified to teach Middle School Technology in Georgia (appropriate to grade level and subject responsibilities)
· Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office)
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Customer focused approach
· High degree of flexibility
· Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
· Team player track record
· Experience with online instruction is a plus
· Must own a computer with high speed Internet access that meets Connections Academy’s minimum technology specifications (http://www.connectionsacademy.com/technology/technology_requirements.asp).
· Must maintain posted office hours for at least 3 hours per week on two separate weekdays between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm
· Complete required orientation and training programs at the beginning of the school year.
· May be required to attend training and/or meetings at the school office throughout the school year (frequency dependent on proximity to office)
· Comply with all provisions of the Connections Academy Work At-Home Policy.
|Send This Job to a Friend|