Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 45,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school, authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission. Our mission is to maximize academic achievement for students in grades K–12 throughout the state of Georgia who need an alternative to the traditional classroom. Georgia Connections Academy fulfills the intent of the Georgia legislature in the Charter School Law to “increase student achievement through academic and organizational innovation” by reaching students for whom a cutting-edge virtual approach provides the best pathway to school success. Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education, which is accredited by AdvancED.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from our office in Duluth, Georgia, the Special Education Teacher will “virtually” manage instructional programs for students with special needs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program. The Special Education Teacher will participate in all steps of the IEP process. They will work closely with other teachers and district professionals to ensure that the school’s special education program is successful and operating in compliance with federal and state regulations. The Special Education Teacher will utilize technology to deliver virtual instruction.
The Special Education Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
· Degree in Special Education or related Education Field
· Valid Georgia Special Education certification
· Experience working with Middle School age students
· Experience in policy (IDEA) and/or administration with Special Education
· Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft Office products)
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Customer focused approach
· High degree of flexibility
· Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
· Team player track record
· Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require occasional overnight travel)
|Send This Job to a Friend|