Chattahoochee Hills Charter School – Data Clerk (full time)
Chattahoochee Hills Charter School (CHCS) is a first-year, open-enrollment public charter school serving families residing in Fulton County, Georgia. CHCS, located south of Atlanta, is a recently approved charter school opening in August 2014 with grades K-5 for the 2014 – 2015 academic year.
CHCS will add one grade level each year through the 8th grade. CHCS embodies student/teacher engagement and interactive learning, and will feature no more than 20 students per class.
Our mission is to inspire all children to the highest levels of academic achievement through rigorous curriculum that integrates the wonders of the natural world. CHCS’s goal is for our students to cultivate the capacity to achieve a meaningful, healthy, flourishing life that embodies responsibility, stewardship, and experimental engagement with the arts, agriculture and environment in informed, imaginative, and rigorous ways.
Thus, CHCS’s focus involves a hands-on, thematic instructional approach, using the institution’s unique rural environment as a framework for student learning. At CHCS, students will select a thematic academic track—agriculture, environment, and arts—from which lenses the state and federal educational performance standards can be achieved.
The data clerk holds the primary responsibility of maintaining the student information system (SIS) and serving as the CHCS expert. The data clerk also supports CHCS day to day front office operations in tandem with the Director of Operations.
Job Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all student and staff information maintained in student information systems. Report any breach of security to the Director of Operations and School Principal.
- Enter student “entry” and “leave” data daily and update demographic data as changes are presented.
- Each morning, the data clerk will enter attendance information for short-term substitute teachers and those teachers not using Teacher Access Center including daily absences and tardies, excuse notes, student check-in and check-out data.
- After master schedule has been developed by the administration, data clerk will enter student schedules, adding/dropping students in appropriate sections for all classes.
- Maintain inventory of forms and supplies needed for use with student information systems.
- The data clerk will print daily attendance summaries for verification and administrative uses; and will print attendance verification summaries for teachers’ signatures at least once each 20-day attendance month.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of student/staff data through the use of various searches and edit reports. “Student Contact Form” (Cognos Reporting >>FCBOE>>Student Reports) should be sent to parents twice a year as a means of updating student demographic and emergency/medical data. Continually edit and correct data!
- Train a back-up data entry person to enter and maintain accurate student data in your absence.
- Create and run searches and create/print various reports for school use as requested by administrators.
- Participate in student information systems training and attend FCSIS User Group meetings.
- Provide training and support for school staff on accessing/updating student information, locating students using student schedules, and procedures for checking students in/out. Provide training and support to clinic aide for maintaining health/emergency data.
- Import grades from Teacher Access Center, process grades, and verify grade-reporting data during reporting cycles. Print progress/trimester report cards as scheduled.
- Print student transcripts for administrative verification when students withdraw or when a request for records/transcripts is received.
Skills and Characteristics: We are seeking qualified, dependable, and self-starting professionals. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential assigned duty accurately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Passionate about environmental education and our mission
- Maintain a professional and no excuses attitude
- Receptive to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Has the work ethic and desire to go above and beyond
- Highly organized
- Alignment with an unqualified belief in the CHCS mission, values, and academic philosophy
- Belief that all children can achieve academic excellence
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year, accredited college or university is desired, but not required.
- Pass a criminal background check and other applicable background security measures
- Be nice and sincere and possess integrity
- Strong commitment at helping students achieve academic success
- Strong desire to support an academically rigorous environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy that every minute of every day is learning time
- Willingness to continue to develop and hone technical strategies
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue professional development individually, as well as to continuously strive to enhance the level of excellence at the school in general
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to help our students reach a level of academic excellence
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be flexible, willing and able to play different roles at the school, and to go above and beyond to meet the varied and constant needs of CHCS community
- Excellent organizational, communication, and facilitation skills
Preferred Qualifications (though not required, the following will enhance a candidate’s application):
- 3 or more years of data clerk experience in a Fulton County School (STRONGLY PREFERRED)
- Familiarity with a school office environment
Standard Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Collaborate with all CHCS staff; exemplify and uphold the school’s mission, vision, and core values
- Collaborate with key stakeholders as necessary to ensure purposeful and accurate implementation of the school’s business and academic model
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive excellence
- Maintain a productive, safe, neat and focused work environment
- Go above and beyond to ensure all requirements are meeting and exceeding appropriate standards
- Maintain an open-door policy
- Uphold all school policies and procedures
A dual report to the CHCS Director of Operations and CHCS Principal.
For this position, CHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including salary and comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes health, dental, vision, retirement, and life insurance.
Interested candidates should forward his or her application package to Brandon Davis, Director of Operations, at Brandon.firstname.lastname@example.org. The application package should include: (1) cover letter; (2) resume; (3) contact information for three references; and (4) any other items that you feel appropriate to demonstrate your qualifications.
For more about Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, please visit www.chatthillscharter.org
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.