Named 2011 Georgia Charter School of the Year by the Coca-Cola Foundation, Amana Academy is a well-
established K-8 public charter school in its 9th year serving 750+ students (by August, 2014) in Alpharetta, Georgia – a northern suburb of metro Atlanta. Amana Academy is part of the Fulton County Schools system, and is accredited by SACS-CASI.
Amana Academy utilizes the project-based Expeditionary Learning instructional framework aligned to the Georgia Performance Standards. Our intent is to “push down the 4 walls of the school” by taking students out into the community to BE authors, scientists, researchers, mathematicians, and world citizens. Our established partners— local, state, and national—benefit our Crew of students, parents, teachers, and community.
Amana’s mission, focusing on high academic achievement through project-based learning expeditions, strong communication skills, world language learning—we teach Arabic, one of the 6 official languages of the United Nations, to all students grades K-8—community service, citizenship, environmental awareness, and character- building, is a school that attracts especially dedicated and talented professionals.
Amana Academy is seeking to hire teachers who exemplify initiative and collaboration for its Expeditionary Learning instructional framework.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• GA certification in Middle Grades ELA
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience preferred
• Evidence of experience in and philosophical alignment with Amana’s charter and Expeditionary Learning School principles
• IMPORTANT: Please follow this format for efficient consideration.
1. Email email@example.com Be sure to put your LAST NAME and TEACHING POSITION you are
applying for in the Subject line; eg, “Smith Middle School ELA”
2. In the cover letter, indicate how your past experiences connect with Expeditionary Learning principles (www.elschools.org) and the Amana philosophy (http://www.amanaacademy.org/ philosophy.htm).
3. Attach your current resume.
After initial screening of resumes, the hiring committee will conduct phone interviews immediately, and follow with collection of documentation and live interviews. (For internal Amana applicants we will review the completion of their current file and go directly to the face-to-face interview.) For more information, please visit our web site at www.amanaacademy.org.